Monday, September 21, 2009
Some things that Jonah learned over the last week or two:
- Pointing: Jonah learned how point at things, especially lights. He's always been very interested in light switches, but now he's figured out the connection between the switch and the light. He stands, points at the light and says "uuuuuuh" until I turn it on. Then he laughs gleefully.
- Giving: For a while he's understood when we're giving something to him, but recently he started giving stuff to us. The funniest is when he gives us the pacifier: he turns it around, to get the right end facing out, and then (if I let him) shoves it in my mouth! He also enjoyed feeding me Cheerios.
- A flower pot is not a hat: He's always been amused when we put things on our heads (even if they're not really hats). Over the past week he started imitating this behavior. He was holding a bowl and I gestured to my head, and he put the bowl on his head. A minute later he put a rubber-ducky on his head. Nice.
- Gimme the remote: when I put on a slow CD Jonah grabbed the remote and pointed it at the CD player -- not an Alison Krauss fan apparently!
- Apple picking: yesterday we took Jonah apple picking. He didn't really get the "picking" part, but when we gave him a small Jonah-sized apple, we walked over and put in the bag with the rest of the apples!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Yesterday, on the first day of Rosh Hashana, what a better way to start the new year! Jonah was exploring the cabinet under the sink, looking in the trash and I said, "Jonah" and he said "MAMA!" loud and clear! Made my day!!! Then later in the day, he patted me on the chest and said "Mama" again!